-
September 14th, 2000, 11:39 PM
#1
MINO
Guest
I have a GReddy GSR turbo running about 9lbs of boost with the following for fuel enrichment:
310cc RC injectors
Holley 255 fuel pump
B&M FPR set at 52psi(vacuum) 61psi(no vacuum)
My J&S reads 2 lights rich but the plugs look like I'm running lean. On full throttle top-end (6.5k and up) the J&S will pull almost 10? of timing out. Should I try to turn up the fuel?
J&S is connected to the OE Knock Sensor and sensitivity is at 11o'clock. Should I turn it down?
Mahalo.
------------------
HAWAIIAN BUILT...BUT
...STUCK IN L.A.
-
September 15th, 2000, 12:32 AM
#2
Inactive Member
I run the greddy turbo kit for my car, but only at 7.8 psi. My fuel pressures are about 40 psi with vac and 55 psi at full throttle. I think you're fuel pressures are too high. Running too rich my cause detonation too, right?
-
September 15th, 2000, 01:15 AM
#3
Inactive Member
too rich may cause misfires but youre right the fuel is too high try about 7 - 8 lbs over stock, you have enough volume with the 255lph pump
-
September 15th, 2000, 01:17 AM
#4
Inactive Member
forgot something, depends on whose injector but they may be getting slowed down by all the pressure and can open quickly enough, how many milliseconds do they open? then you are lean when coz fuel enters after the spark
-
September 15th, 2000, 02:03 AM
#5
Inactive Member
MINO: Do you have a rising rate fuel pressure regulator in there to raise fuel pressure as boost goes up?
Greg
-
September 15th, 2000, 02:15 AM
#6
MINO
Guest
Greg,
The kit doesn't include a FMU(rising rate). Scary...I have to depend on the FCU for reading boost conditions and richening the mix.
I am planning on testing a checkvalve/rising rate set-up in the future. I have a feeling that set-up yields more power potential.
------------------
HAWAIIAN BUILT...BUT
...STUCK IN L.A.
-
September 15th, 2000, 04:03 AM
#7
MINO
Guest
gsr355,
Did you remove the plate over the intake pipe? After I removed that plate my boost went up a pound.
------------------
HAWAIIAN BUILT...BUT
...STUCK IN L.A.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks